Freitag, 2. Januar 2015

Destination: Doctor Who

As a traveler through the Hyperverse, I do not need any English Public Police Department Telephone Booth to travel through space and time. But this time I landed inside one of this blue boxes, since 1963 also known as Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space (T.A.R.D.I.S.)

I have to admit that I do not know that much about the cult series "Dr. Who" but know the basics about it. So the pro's may excuse my lack of knowledge when I wander and review about these holy halls of the "Doctor Who" Region, to be found on the Littlefield Grid and signed responsible by Toy McBride. With the help of others, she build up an exhibition around the "Doctor Who" theme.

The first hall I entered shows an overview about the TV series, the companions of "Dr. Who", the many actors playing him, some information about special figures in the series and a chronic.




Leaving this room through a TARDIS, I ended up in a room with some electronic machinery in it's center which I identified as the TARDIS console. A click on its inner cylinder, which is the Hartnell Time Rotor, will move it but that is all it does. Another click will stop it again. On a screen in the back I sadly got a Viewer Fault ( This may happen due to the fact that I am a foreigner for the Littlefield Grid, but I do not know).



A door from this control room brings me into a hallway with pictures from actors in the past years of the serie.


In one of the rooms you have the opportunity to get some mesh models of Matt Smith as Dr. Who, River Song and Cyberman. Unfortunately those models are only permitted for Littlefield residents and can not be taken by guests from other grids.
Same applies to the T Shirts which are shown on boards on the wall.


And than I opened a door and walked through, and that I should not have done. I ended up in a maze of rooms and hallways with pictures and artefacts from the series. So I only was able to make the pictures. But please do not ask me, how I have made it to those places.You have to find out by yourself when being there ;-).













All those picture will only show a part of what you can explore on this region. You can spend hours there to see it all and to get a lot of information of the TV series.
This is a great place to explore, not only for the "Dr. Who" fans and supporters.
I am tipping my hat to Toy and all her helpers. A well done region of fun, information and reminiscence.



Destination:
Littlefield Grid, Region Doctor Who
lfgrid.com:8002:doctor who

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen